The Last Bluff Creek Trip of The Season
I left Orick around noon and took Bald Hills Rd to Weitchpec. On the way to camp I stopped at Big Bar campground/boat launch on the Klamath River to let my dog swim for a bit. After some swimming and sun we headed up to Orleans and on to Bluff Creek. We arrived at Louse Camp around 4pm and the Maple Trees were turning yellow and red which made the creek and the fairy pond look really pretty so I took a lot of photos. There were a few tents up but nobody was around. Robert, Rowdy and Mike Meraz had hiked into Deer Lick Lake around 3pm and removed the camera at the lake. They didn't have a key to the lock so they just removed the whole camera and hiked out. Robert cast a few bear tracks around the lake.
|Somebody left us a present on the picnic table at Louse Camp.|
|Kipp has been teaching me how to take a proper selfie.|
|Copying data to our mobile unit.|
Film site cameras:
1) Razorback Camera: A 2015 Bushnell Aggressor overlooking the gravel bar just to the west of the filmsite.
2) The North Site Camera: On the the north end of the PG film site between Patty and the big tree in frame 352.
3) The South Site Camera: Bolted to an alder on the cutbank above the trail on the south side of the filmsite looking north.
4) The West Site Camera: This is a new camera location we are trying out. It's on a tree on the west side of the film site looking east toward patty at frame 352.
|The film site looking west, we stash our gear he while we work.|
6) The Creek Camera: We reinstalled the panoramic camera in a new position. Hopefully it will get better shots than it did last year.
7) The Bowling Alley Camera: Rowdy installed this camera looking out over the bowling alley. We used an A5 to test this position. Battery life is only three months on this camera.
|The Rocky Plug, location of the Marten sighting|
|A motley Crew! From left to right:|
Steven Streufert, Robert Leiterman, Jamie Wayne, Rowdy Kelley
When we finally got to the trucks it was about 8pm and pitch dark. When we got back to Louse Camp we were called out by Mike Meraz for taking so long and not checking in. We had kinda forgotten about him and he thought we had died since it had been dark for hours and we weren't responding on the radio. We are going to work on a better emergency plan for next time to better stay in communication.
Watch for the Videos Soon!
|The Portal to SOHA at Louse Camp...|